Noise/Crush

18 November 2013

New Band of the Week - 18/11/13 - Hot Sugar



I spent a week in New York in September. I was there to catch up with my American ex-housemates - they'd left our cozy Dalston flat a few months earlier and moved back to Brooklyn. Like for like. But with better weather...And Hot Sugar. This dude (NY based producer and all round top guy Nick Koenig) was pretty much the soundtrack to my time Stateside. We'd sit on my friend's terrace, grill sausages, drink (craft) beer and listen to his stuff: the best time of my life. 

If you're a fan of this website, and it's associated sound, you'll be a fan of Hot Sugar's track featuring Heems. The AOL dial up tone is not used nearly enough. In the words of YouTube commenter K1ngofc4rr0tfl0w3rs: 'this shit bumps'.



You may also like the shape of this song:



Dynamic. 

3 comments:

  1. haha that video is unreal and i think Penis Waveform is the greatest 6 seconds i've heard / seen all year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was you in the '96 blizzard??!

    ReplyDelete